Saturday, June 7, 2008

Brush with Greatness

We took the children to their cousin's first birthday party last night at Chuck-E-Cheese. It was their first time at such an establishment and they had a blast. (Note to self...remember their enjoyment of this for future reference.) I admit, it was a bit tough keeping an eye on the girls because in that sort of place, children can disappear very quickly. But we managed to leave with the same quantity of children that we entered with, so I'd call that a successful trip.

On the way out the door (quite literally there were double doors and we were in the doorway together), I saw a former undisputed middleweight boxing champion of the world with his family. Jermain Taylor (www.jermaintaylor.com) is still an active boxer, but is on a break at the moment and apparently enjoying some of the same amusements that me and my family are enjoying. However, his transportation is a bit more high class. We were in a dirty ten-year-old suburban, while he was in a spotless new Rolls-Royce Phantom (yes, the one with coach doors).
Very nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange, my first trip to that establishment with my son left me with a note to self to avoid it like the plague! I feel an anxiety attack coming on just thinking about it.

Non Sicuro Pensatore said...

I can certainly understand your perspective on Chuck-E-Cheese, but we had a particularly good experience. And my girls are at an age when this experience seems analogous to a 10 year old going to Disney World. They loved it so much that I even managed to temporarily forget what was otherwise a really crummy day (involving a stolen credit card).