Thursday, August 7, 2008

Parenting Resources

Via the website of the Arkansas Atheists group (aka Central Arkansas Freethinkers)...www.arkansasatheists.org...

I found a "handbook" for atheist parents called Parenting Beyond Belief, On Raising Ethical, Caring Kids Without Religion by Dale McGowan.

McGowan has an excellent website (HERE) and active blog (HERE).

Please take a moment to check this out!

Here is a quote from yesterday's blog post titled "The Mix":

"The same weird dichotomy is present in many of the deeply religious folks I know. Many are just plain good in word and deed, and I love having their influence in my kids’ lives. But many others, including some I like so much I could burst, will be in the midst of a perfectly normal conversation, then suddenly spew bile or rank ignorance — often without changing expression — before turning back to the weather or the casserole."

1 comment:

DB said...

Right on, thanks for the links!